We all know that the answer to almost any SQL Server tuning question is “It Depends!”
In this seminar, I’ll tell you what you need to know in order to figure out what it actually depends on! How can you answer these “It Depends” questions in your own environment? We’ll look at what kinds of tuning changes can be made to enhance your system or application performance, and what areas of SQL Server Internals you need to understand to make the best choice for you when trying to answer the following questions:
- Should we build a clustered, nonclustered or columnstore index?
- Is reusing cached query plans a good thing?
- Should I enable Read Committed Snapshot Isolation?
- How big should my transaction log be when I create my database?
- How many files should tempdb be configured with?
- How should we configure how often checkpoints occur?