Running SQL Server in containers has huge benefits for Data Platform professionals but there are challenges to running SQL Server in stand-alone containers. Orchestrators provide a platform and the tools to overcome these challenges.
This session will provide an overview of running SQL Server on the leading orchestrator, Kubernetes.
Topics covered will be:
- An overview of Kubernetes.
- Definition of deployments, pods, and services.
- Deploying SQL Server containers to Kubernetes.
- Persisting data for SQL Server on Kubernetes.
- Chaos engineering for SQL Server on Kubernetes using Space Invaders!
This session is aimed at SQL Server DBAs and Developers who want to learn the what, the why, and the how to run SQL Server on Kubernetes.